Tuesday, February 9, 2010

All of you are probally wondering why my last posts are all informational. I did this to try to get you to understand what this disease is all about and where I am coming from. You may also be wondering why I have choosen to write on this topic. HD is very dear to my heart. My mother and aunt currently are suffering with this disease. My mother's mother, my grandmother, passed away due to HD.

In case you havent noticed, this disease is hereditary. My grandmother gave the defective gene to my mother and aunt. An individual with HD can pass the disease to their children. Its a 50-50 chance of getting the disease.

I bet you all are wondering if I have this disease? No, I do not. Based on pretesting and talking with doctors, I am currently not showing any physical signs. There is the option for me to get further testing to look at my DNA, to be 100% sure. I'm not really sure on what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment